The video of Bradenton, Florida Lt. William Weldon confronting a burglary suspect in a jewelry store is a fascinating view of just how quick a police officer can be in a fight for their life.
While the uninformed may watch the video (below) and not see Lt. Weldon in a fight for his life, he most definitely was. The suspect could have fled at any time but he stayed and fought and if at any time he overtook Lt. Weldon, he would have had access to his gun.
The video should be a reminder to every police officer:
- No call, even the alarm that is usually false, should be taken for granted.
- Just because someone may not display a gun doesn’t mean they are not extremely dangerous.
- Conditioning and the ability to fight and control suspects could mean the difference between life and death.
- There is a weapon at every call (ours) and as law enforcement officers, we should never forget the danger in that.
- The presence of additional police officers will automatically make the environment safer.
Sponsored ContentAdvertise Here
Blu Armor Safety Stackhttp://bluarmor.com
This Safety Stack contains Blu Armor ACTIVE, FOCUS & REST. Get Yours Now!