Photo Courtesy: 26NBC
Richmond County Sergeant Greg Meagher has died after responding to an alarm at a building on Sunday afternoon in Augusta (GA).
He responded to the Xytex Corporation and died after he inhaled chemical believed to be Liquid Nitrogen Fumes.
Sergeant Greg Meagher died a hero as was trying to rescue a Xytex worker when he was overcome by chemicals.
Fire crews later entered the building with protective gear and brought the deputy out of the building.
The civilian has not died and is listed as injured at this time.
On June 1, 2004, Deputy Meagher attempted to capture a convicted drug dealer and was shot in the face during a drug sting. He made a full recovery.
Sponsored ContentAdvertise Here
Blu Armor Safety Stackhttp://bluarmor.com
This Safety Stack contains Blu Armor ACTIVE, FOCUS & REST. Get Yours Now!
Courageous Leadership - Get The Seminarhttp://safetac.org
Lead with Courage with Law Officer Editor & Trainer of the Year, Travis Yates.